Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Up and at'em!

There's reason to believe I MAY be starting work soon. (Applause...). Not that I haven't enjoyed having the past three months off, but I'd be going nuts if there hadn't been all this work to do around here. (i.e. packing up and moving over and over and ov...you get it). As of yesterday I have all but finished the unpacking, clothes washing, picture hanging, etc. And I still have to paint our living room... Remember that beautiful green color we painted it? Yeah, well once we moved out, we bought RED furniture for our apartment. (I've always wanted a big, red couch). And now that we're back...well, our living room practically sings "Jingle Bells" when you walk in. I may leave it for the Christmas season though... so festive!
Right, anyway, one of my new goals is to start getting up early again. My fear is that when I start work, I'll be so used to sleeping in that I'll be yawning all through orientation - which rarely impresses. So yeah. This morning I forced myself out of bed at 7:30am. Three months ago I couldn't have slept past 7:30am on a weekend. In fact, on a weekday by 7:30 I would have already put in a half hour at work! Now it's sheer torture. But today, victory is mine! In fact it's not even 8am and here I am, coherent and everything... in fuzzy slippers and a bathrobe (shut up).
Corporate America, look out, Danielle is on the rebound.

P.S. Kudos to that guy who told me to take my time and find a job I'll enjoy. Who was that guy?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought about doing that, and that is the extent of it! You go girl! Next week is going to suck waking up early, but then again 5 months without having to was amazing! It's just so annoying waking up with an alarm clock!

LoveLladro said...

That guy is pretty awesome!

I find it ironic that you are trying to get into the workforce and I am trying to get out ;~)

Got my fingers crossed about the job ;~)

Johnnie Avocado said...

you guys looks great together!!!! I wish I could get up early, and be coherent!!!

KMAN said...

I was going to suggest you wait until after Christmas to paint. I guess great minds think alike. LOL