This morning I decided to take our living room back from Santa and his elves. All the red and green is enough to drive a girl nuts....plus I could swear I've seen a few kids hanging around the window looking for Jolly Old St. Nick. So after a consultation with our interior decorator, JPK (name withheld to protect the fabulous), I began the Townley's journey from the North Pole. (Sorry, it's late, I'm tired and the sarcasm is flowing).
I literally painted for 12 straight hours. Well, minus the hour I had to go back to Home Depot to get more paint. Go figure. And in living up to its reputation as the WORST home improvement center on the East Coast, their theft alarm was malfunctioning. (The one that goes off if you walk out of the store with something you haven't pai... you probably already know what a theft alarm is...) Anyway, every thirty seconds or so it sounded like the world was ending. I should mention it was also malfunctioning this morning when I was there (seven hours ago.) I asked the paint guy what was wrong with it and he said "Oh, it's broken." Behold, for I am in the presence of the Omniscient One. *Go ahead and look up the big word. I'll wait. *(No kidding it's broken.) Isn't this HOME DEPOT? You guys can build an entire home/office with the products that you sell, but you can't fix your own alarm? Just as I was considering bringing this to his attention, he handed me pink paint and handed the customer next to me my paint. It was one of those glorious moments where two strangers can look at each other and know they're both thinking the same thing.
Yeah. So back at the ranch, the paint es finito. I like it. I like it a lot. I'd post pictures but seriously, I'm smoked. Maybe tomorrow...
Hey by the way, Robin Hamilton, did you know our first month of this deployment is DOWN!?!
Oh heck yeah!
christmas time
13 years ago
1 comment:
Through the phone it was the worst sound... I can't even imagine it in person! At least the living room looks fantastical! Love the brown accent wall!
Post a Comment