I've been a military wife for over a year now, and yet this morning was the first time I've been to the commissary since I was a dependant of my Dad's. I have our *new* neighbors ('new' because even though they've been here for a year now, we all only just met them), Josh and Heather (also military), to thank for this one. Tonight is our Thanksgiving meal with the Church group. We're all bringing something. I have been trying for days to come up with a dish that doesn't require cooking. (i.e. drinks...maybe the veggie tray?). No dice. So this morning, me and my two favorite neighborhood housewives, Adam and Josh, went to the commissary to get food.
I forgot how much cheaper the commissary is! I never go because it's a lot more convenient to shop across the street, and I still have nightmares about being 5 years old and dragged from aisle to crowded aisle for what seemed like years in the commissary. In my younger years I was sure I would be old enough to drive the car home by the time we finally emerged.
Anyway, the experience was a good one. (Cheers for sarcastic people to shop with!) We're planning to make this a regular outing in order to keep all of our kitchens stocked.
I'm sure somewhere in Iraq Rob is reading this in disbelief. He knows I've never been a fan of grocery shopping (i.e. I'd rather make a meal out of the leftover orange juice in the fridge and the brownie mix in the cupboard than go shopping).
Look at me, honey! All grown up! (26 years old and FINALLY goes willingly to the grocery store). I'm such a role model.
christmas time
13 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment