Yesterday I went to hang out with the In-laws in northern Maryland. I took my camera with the intent of taking lots of pictures, but as usual, I forgot. I did get a few, though. We went to The Festival of Trees at the Maryland State Fair grounds. I have never heard of this before but it was insane! Basically different groups in the community decorate trees with themes and then auction them off at the Festival. All the proceeds go to the Kennedy Krieger Institute (I think... don't quote me on exactly where). Each tree has a title- and those were cracking me up. We saw the "Mys-tree" which had a bunch of clues on it and police tape, The "Statue of Liber-Tree" (self explanatory...I hope) and my favorite: "It takes Tree to Tango" which was actually two trees entwined (below)

and reminded me a lot of two other trees trying to tango...
Anyway, here's my crew... (half of which are looking at something more interesting than the girl counting to three)

Today a bunch of us are going out to play Ultimate Frisbee and shed some of those holiday pounds before they start. If you're in the area and you want to join us, just give me a buzz before 2pm.
1 comment:
the three of us drove right by there this weekend. (in timonium right?) You came up to Avocado's neck of the woods and didn't call. I'm hurt!!! That does look fun though.
Post a Comment