Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Peace on Earth... and in the mall.

Well, our tree is up, and our Christmas shopping is officially finished; let the Holidays begin! Yesterday Jessi and I spent four hours in Annapolis completing our gift lists for friends/family. The Christmas rush has already begun, but it's not too bad...yet. People are still smiling at each other while humming along to the carols played over the intercom and kids are lining up to have their pictures taken with Santa.
I can't stand going out anytime after December 15th. By then, most of the good deals are gone and desperation is setting in. (Think Christmas of '03 with the "Tickle Me Elmo" madness). By the 15th, the Christmas music playing in the background only sets you farther into "panic mode". They might as well be playing "The Final Countdown". All anyone can think of is how irritating it is to walk around the "Pictures with Santa" booth that inevitably is placed in the center of the mall each year, and how is it possible that every store has at least one screaming child?
Yep. Not the Townleys. We're done. (sigh...smile).

1 comment:

KMAN said...

Hey, I'm glad to see you finished the shopping already! I still need to send you my address for the "gift exchange" we talked about, and vise versa.