Thursday, November 02, 2006

And another politician bites the dust

By now everyone has heard about John Kerry committing carreer suicide with a realllly tasteless joke on Monday. But in case you missed it, this is what happened:

Monday, at a stop on the democratic campaign tour for Phil Angelides, John Kerry said this to a group of California Students, "You know, education, if you make the most of it, you study hard, you do your homework and you make an effort to be smart, you can do well. If you don't, you get stuck in Iraq."

There isn't really much I can say that won't make me sound like a pissed off Marine wife. Lucky for me, the Marines have a much better response...

4 comments:

LoveLladro said...

Heard it and hated it but the Marine response was far better than anything I have seen thusfar! I love it! I may steal this for my blog ;~)

Johnnie Avocado said...

I love the men and woman that serve this country, and it pisses me off when ungreatful politicians, run their mouth, and offend the brave who defend his right to speak freely. That was a sad day, but it shows you his thought process.

Johnnie Avocado said...

ummmm....well....I think I live too far away.....and I didn't know her name was Jessy. But I'd love too. Sweetie and I have been married over 10 years though, so we aren't the young married couple.

Anonymous said...

Danielle, we will definatley be keeping you and Rob in prayers.
Beth and Mat