Saturday, December 31, 2005

So Long, 2005!

Well, I hope 2005 was a good year for you. I'd like to think it's one of the best one's so far, lots of good things happened...
My Boyfriend came home from Iraq safely in March, we got engaged in April, Married in October, bought our first home, my sister moved up from Florida, and I learned important life lessons, like beware of anything promised by the Military. "We won't be sending Rob back to Iraq" never said anything about not sending him anywhere else. "Helloooo Africa". Oh, also never buy seafood on sale.
So yeah, good year and all, but those lessons smart a little. I've been working on New Year's resolutions. I have two that I'm really shooting for. One of them being "learn to cook". (yes, again..."if at first you don't succeed" and what not). Last night I bought some lobster tail on sale (hey that rhymes!) And I decided to do it up. I actually made vegetables, mashed potatos, poured a glass of wine, and steamed my lobster tail. (This is a HUGE step up. Normally I eat cheerios and maybe a slice of cheese.) It was awesome... two hours later though "awesome" was not the word I would use. All of a sudden I'm sick to my stomach and everything that touches my skin feels like sandpaper.
Rob said that when they put seafood on sale for 50% off, there's a reason.
Thanks Safeway. Happy New Year to you too.

3 comments:

Doyle said...

Mmm, many day old seafood. Not even really worthwhile to bait and shoot cats with. Sorry to hear of the intestinal distress, but happy to hear about your husband's safe return. Tell him I said thank you for his service. Happy New Year

The Townleys said...

Rob's not home yet-- that was his return from Iraq LAST year... he isn't expected back from Africa until March. Thanks though!

Anonymous said...

Hi Love! Happy New Year! You're the woman I want to grow old with, and hey...we're one more year towards rocking chairs on the porch baby!! Bring on senior couples' discount at Bob Evans!! Love words!