Tuesday, December 27, 2005

We should have gotten a cat

Well I'm glad the stupid eye thing made everyone's day...Meanwhile back at the ranch, my dog is smarter than me and it sucks. I'm trying to figure out a way to sway him from lounging on the furniture while I'm at work. I feel like my wisdom is being shipped in parts that must be assembled slowly. It's finally dawned on me to close my bedroom door while I'm at work. Then I came home and the couch had mysteriously aquired a patch of fur... so before I left for the gym (bonus points- THAT'S RIGHT FOLKS, I WORK OUT), I put the box our Christmas tree came in on the couch. I just got home. The only chair left in the house feels rather warm... Scout was innocently walking around the kitchen with that "I don't know nothin'" attitude but he somehow also aquired yet another pair of my socks.
Anyone know a good taxodermist?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Scout is just trying to fill in for the "man of the house" role until Rob gets back, you might want to try to mousetrap idea in the mean time.

Doyle said...

Well, there are plenty of good taxidermists here in NC, but I doubt you really want to drive that far to memorialize your dog. As to keeping him off the furniture whilst you are gone, the mousetrap idea is a good one. Just remember one thing, discipline is sometimes creative.