Monday, July 25, 2005

Home Sweet Home

My entire body is screaming at me.
We closed on Friday and spent the rest of the day moving into the house. We bought pizza and beer for our helpers and by 8:30pm the lot of us were passed out on the floor (no furniture yet) watching Family Guy. Saturday and Sunday were a lot more of the same. We painted, we ripped out flooring, we painted, we cleaned, we mopped, we painted (have I mention we painted?). Scout is less than thrilled with this whole "new house thing" we have going on here. He's not allowed to be anywhere that the paint is wet, he can't go in the backyard alone (For fear that the grass will turn into "Little Backyard of Horrors" and eat him) and he's heard a lot of "NO!" and "SIT, STAY". We'll be showing "before and after" pictures soon though. The guys at Home Depot actually recognize us now. (I think we've been there about 6 times since Friday) - anymore time in that flooring department and I will be the resident expert. We have set a date that we are going to try and have the 1st floor completed by. I don't want to tell you when that is so that if (when) we don't meet the goal, no one will know we've failed :-). Okay, I'm off to take more Tylenol. I need an aspirin IV.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i don't have any advice on how to paint faster, but in school we learned that you can absorb drugs faster by placing them under your tongue than by swallowing them... so, that's as good as an aspirin IV as you can get!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a whole lot of paintin goin on! whew!