Shoot me shoot me shoot me shoot me shoot me. We are tired. We are injured. We are sleep deprived. We have made at least 14 trips to Home Depot. We have eaten takeout from every possible fast food "restaurant" on the Eastern side of the United States, and I've forgotten what it feels like to REALLY be clean.
Week two in our new home and we are in the 7th ring of hell/home ownership. Not sure where we were the last time I wrote... I do remember being able to feel my fingers though, I kinda miss that.
We have re-floored most of the downstairs. We are Pergo and laminate experts. (and by "we" I mostly mean Rob). This weekend we became proficient in linolium removal. I'm pretty sure you couldn't pay me enough to ever do that again. Ever.
I believe the only real excitement we saw this weekend was when Scout made a mad dash for the door and Rob tried to block him. Now we have a hole the size of Rob's thumb-if you catch my drift- in the wall of the front hallway (and yeah, Scout went on a self-supervised tour of the neighborhood). In addition, our neighbor below us has taken a real interest in banging a broom stick against the ceiling anytime after 8:30pm ON A SATURDAY. For lack of space, our toilet and sink for the downstairs bathroom is on our deck (while we are reflooring). I am waiting for the HOA president to come by and fine us or something...it finally dawned on us to put a tarp over it. Now it looks as though we, like all of our neighbors, are simply protecting what is probably a very expensive grill. The end is in sight though... today Rob is at home laying the tile down. Hopefully we'll glue it tonight and then the grouting fun (sarcasm, oh the sarcasm) will begin.
We picked up Rob's furniture from storage this weekend. 16 hour round trip. Prepare to hear about the exciting world of recovering couches and chairs in the near future.
christmas time
13 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment