Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Angry Words!!!

Rob and I are finding out that every job we do around the house always takes anywhere from 5 hours to two weeks more than we anticipated and involves 2 to 3 extra trips to HD to pick up that oh so important washer, nut, bolt, wrench, whatever that no one bothered to tell you you needed when you were there 15 minutes ago and said "Hey, so what do I need in order to accomplish ____". I think they do it for kicks.
Yesterday after two trips to Home Depots plumbing department my fantastic future husband and I spent about 3 hours with our heads under the sink in the downstairs bathroom trying to figure out why THE SAME sink that we took out in order to do our floors no longer fits in THE SAME bathroom. Talk about aggrivated. Turns out we had the wrong PVC pipe. Shocking. All I have to say is 'Marvin from plumbing', if you read this blog (and of course you do, doesn't everyone?) take this as your warning: I will be in the plumbing section today. During that time I recommend that you hang out somewhere other than plumbing i.e. in a padded cell, your car, behind a locked door, etc. You get the picture.

No comments: