Tuesday, July 05, 2005

July 4!

Is it just me, or does the day after a four day weekend almost negate the entire weekend?? I am more tired today than I would have been had I gone to work on Monday. (yeah yeah, I know... my attitude bites.) Rob and I tried mountain biking yesterday for the first time. We bought mountain bikes over a year ago and this is the first time we've actually used them for their intended purpose. I'm hooked. Mountain biking is like "almost dying" over and over for about an hour and a half (if you're doing it right). I don't think Jesus has heard prayers that intense from me since Rob was in Iraq. Once you get over the fear of meeting your Lord and Savior about 60 years early, it's awesome! Kukich and Townley give it two enthusiastic thumbs up.
We also hit up Annapolis for the fireworks with Clayton and Heather (all you CU grads should know these two). I've never been much for fireworks, but **disclaimer- I'm about to get cheesy** I gotta say, now that I'm getting ready to marry a Marine who has spent the better part of a year in some armpit of the world every year for the past 6 years (and is getting ready to go again), I have a new appreciation for the fourth of july and our troops. Rob just drove back to NC today to the metropolis that is Camp Legeune (spelling?) ahh, the glamorous life that awaits this future military wife. Bases and lots of camo. It's like the "pleasantville" of paint ball fanatics.

1 comment:

Masta Niall said...

Gee, all we use our mountain bikes for are for nice relaxing trips down nature trails... I must be getting old or somthing.