Hello my friends. bet you didn't think you'd be hearing from me so soon. It's 10am or something here in London (like 5am for you guys) and wow. what a ride so far. Nothing crazy in BWI, but I get to London and the drama begins. My credit card is protecting me from myself. It doesn't work. My INTERNATIONAL calling card only works in the states, and I can't buy another one because of my afore mentioned problem with the credit card. I have exactly three American dollars on me...which over here equals like 15 cents. And every exchange costs about six dollars to do. So basically I'd be handing them my three dollars, and I'd still owe them three in order to get nothing back. That was a fun surprise. I spent $10 this morning on breakfast...a stale bagel and coffee. Crazy. (Obviously this was before the discovery of my big cash problem.) BUT I am only about 14 hours away from seeing my husband!!
Thanks again, Jessica and Adam for saving my butt yesterday- you guys...there are no words. Okay, that's it for now. Rob, I know I'm supposed to call and tell you we're good to go, but obviously I can't... I've emailed everyone who's addresses I can remember and asked THEM to call, and I'm hoping you have the sense to know what a mess your wife is and check the blog. :-) Love Words, Baby! See you TODAY!
christmas time
13 years ago
10 comments:
Danielle, oh my, You definitely have all the luck....and you are right, I didn't expect you to have anything written for today....continue the adventure -have fun - this definitely deserves a news at 11 update! Love, Mom
Hey Danielle, If you use USAA you can call them toll free from England at 0080053122650 for either your credit card or banking with them. Also, if you need a calling card that works well and is cheap look for the "Happy Card". I'm not sure where they sell them in England, but they usually tape them to the windows at tobacco, stamp or corner stores where they are sold. Good luck, can only get better.
Dear Danielle,
While I woke up to a sweet dusting of snow on Sunday, your long awaited and anticipated trip was being delayed! I was so sad to hear that you were grounded. But, you're off now! Yeah! I can't tell you how excited I am for you to get to see Rob. And I thought 2 months away from my boyfriend, whom I could drive to, was tough! I am praying that your marriage will be strengthened in the distance in ways that it couldn't be otherwise.
I read Wade's blog today...thanks for your prayers. All the support we have received has meant so much and has been so encouraging. Everyone is doing remarkably well and I know that God is sustaining.
Now go enjoy time with your husband!
Personally I don't see why you would spend all that money to travel to Africa to see Rob when he is going to be home in a month. If his "mission" is so important then I don't see how he has the time or the opportunity to "vacation". It's nice to know my tax dollars are going to something worthwhile. Or maybe this is just your way of trying to prove your marriage is not on the rocks as previously stated in a prior blog. Have fun and don't forget to take your malaria pills!
I am just really hoping that the above comment is a joke. i refuse to believe not only someone is so insensitive to think those things, but to be so rude as to post it on danielle's blog...you have to be kidding me.
danielle, are you just logging in anonymously, posting outrageous comments in hopes to keep us faithful readers on the edge of our seats....ok just kidding (too soon?)
to "anonymous"- get a better sense of humor, or please stop leaving comments. please
please.
I agree with Hot Cross Buns...Anonymous, Bring... It.. On...I will be glad to refund your $10 in tax money that contributed to the 4 DAYS my brother in law gets to spend with his wife. How about I take away your weekends and holidays for 4 months...I got $10
Laura... remind me to always remain on your good side ;~)
As for anonymous... how very cowardly you are. You apparently have never been in love or at least not properly. It is about seizing every moment and living life to the fullest, even if that means traveling across the globe to see your husband.
Rob and Danielle we love and hope you are having a good time! Safe travels home Danielle... Rob, be safe!
This is NOT THE SAME anonymous...
Danielle,
I am praying that your trip improved and that you had a good time with your husband. It is sometimes not easy for others to understand what it means to leave home and loved ones and live in an extremely tense environment. After a week, you start to feel the fatigue. Please ignore the previous anonymous and enjoy your time. Believe me Rob appreciates the time you have together.
Oh, London was not one of my favorite cities either. It is probably one of the most overrated and overpriced cities in the world. Lucky for you, you did not have to travel the underground...talk about highway robbery.
And it's great that you have a good sense of humor, it helps when you travel. So keep laughing...
so i'm hoping anonymous (the first anonymous) just has such a ridiculous amount of time on his hands that he thought it would be fun to get everybody riled up and sit back and watch the comments flood in...
...which is pathetic enough...
...and not really so ignorant about the importance of putting work into your serious relationship, or marriage, as is this particular case...
...which is indescribably pathetic.
get a freakin' life.
stay safe, danielle, and i, for one, am thrilled that you are with your husband right now who you have not seen since the month you got married. you're a strong woman. have an awesome time. i'm glad my tax dollars may have potentially helped pay for your trip.
Post a Comment