Sunday, February 05, 2006

My sister, My friend....My date?

I apologize for not blogging sooner. (Thanks for the guilt trip comment!) I actually tried a few times yesterday but my blog was down. JUST my blog. I noticed everyone else's was working.
You know what that is, don't you? That's The Man trying to keep me down.
Anyway, so last night I went to my sister's Company Gala. I'm sure that more than a few people are re-thinking her sexuality given that she showed up with a girl and we danced all night (okay, not the slow songs). Eh, sometimes coworkers need something to discuss around the water cooler. I'm just happy we could make that dream come true for them. Actually, if you look at us and can't tell we're sisters...you're an idiot.
















While I'm on this topic, let's expand shall we? Ever notice how no one would ever tell a person "hey, um, by the by, YOU can't dance" but they have no problem telling EVERYONE ELSE how awful you are? Makes me wonder if there's something the world needs to tell me and my signature "white girl" move of "snap, touch, snap touch".... Whatever. When I dance in front of the mirror, I'm soooo hot. (and now you're laughing at me).
Shaddup.
AMHARIC PHRASE OF THE DAY! (you thought I forgot, huh?) I can tell you guys don't like this part of my blog because no one comments...notice that has no effect on me. It's still here!
wu-sha neu-keu-seuny!
Translation: I've been bitten by a dog!
Ahh see there? We all learned a little something. Knowledge is Power!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So how do you say "I've been bitten by a bat"? Knowledge is power honey...and, well, it'll help us order some coffee and room service at the crazy lush hotel in Addis. One week love!!

Anonymous said...

Why did they play the theme from "Broke Back Mountain" at the Company Gala?

tim jenkins said...

any post that gets in the term "By the By" gets a tim jenkins thumbs up