Hi Everyone! So Danielle, being the amazing wife she is, posted some photos from my last trip into the bush out here...what a ride! We went about 1000km across the savannah to get to this one really isolated area where there's a bad famine going on...the people there were SO nice. Well, that and they'd never seen a white guy before, so us American boys were kind of a novelty. Anyhow, the first photo is just an overview of what things look like out there...the decided lack of roads makes for really fun driving. I think we're all going to sign up for a rally race team when we get home. I somehow managed to blow all four shocks, one strut, the alternator, four pistons and two tires on my truck, and we ripped off the antenna, some of the bumper, the turning signal and the brushguard. Yeah...the government wasn't too happy with me about that, but it was fun!

Can you guys say your office looks like this?!? Seriously though...if anyone has a cubicle or a real office they want a break from, I'll trade you in a heartbeat. Can't wait to come home.

So...here's a photo that was taken when we got lost like 300 miles from anywhere...that's my partner Nate and I trying to figure out where exactly we made a wrong turn (Must have been back there at that camel. Yeah, that was it. Only now the camel's gone. Argh!) And no, I'm not shooting at anyone...in this case I just had to use the scope on my rifle to see what was about since there were lions around and we generally try to avoid becoming an appetizer.

Speaking of lions...Meet Barre the lion! He's kept in a little thatched hut in a village we went through. The villagers had him since he was little, and now they really don't know what to do with him since he's a "little" 320lbs. He's not a very nice lion...though neither would I be if I ate one goat a day for the last 4 years. Poor guy gets one little billy goat each morning and sits around for the rest of the day. Anyhow, I got within about 6 feet of him (for which I was severely chastised by my wife later..."You did WHAT?? Robin Hamilton Townley! No playing with wild animals!!") Mufasa, Mufasa! Oooh...say it again!
1 comment:
Normally I am not a gun liking kinda person, but in this case... keep that thing close! We definitely don't want you to become an appetizer (selling yourself a little short there, are ya?)
Post a Comment