Saturday, February 11, 2006

keu and sam-ment bo-hal-la e-meul-leu-sal-lo

In Amharic that means "I'm returning in one week" (....hopefully).

Okay, so I'm leaving tomorrow. CAN YOU STAND IT?! Actually, I'm sure you've had about all you can stand by now. My plane leaves in exactly 24 hours. Here's the best part...I haven't packed yet. For some reason I can't pack until the day I'm leaving. It's an OC thing I guess. I'll have to lay everything out and look at it. I'll pack way too many shirts but manage to forget something important.... like my contact case, or malaria pills. Okay, I guess the malaria pills would be trump. Still.
In other news, it's SNOWING outside. Great. The girl that's terrified of flying gets to take off in a snow-ridden runway. I love how we've had a winter that probably rivaled Hawaaii's yet now that it's almost spring and I'm going to travel, we've managed about 4 inches in the last 6 hours. Can we do nothing without drama? So. Please pray for us this week that we stay safe, flights all land smoothly where they are supposed to, AND (thanks to my not-so-useful visit to the doc) that I don't get exposed to yellow fever for at least the next 10 days.

No comments: