Ahh. So we're down to 10 days until the big wedding. They say brides lose an average of 5-7 pounds before a wedding. Yeah. I'd love to know when I'm going to drop those. Anyone? As we all know by now, Rob has hurt himself while bench pressing small circus elephants. So I'm trying to get things straightend up for next weekend while he's hyped up with valium, percoset, and motrin (yep. all of them.) I still have no idea what we're going to do with the dog while we're gone. (Anyone want to dog sit?) Yesterday I ruined a perfectly good door while trying to give Scout a dog's version of the "American Dream" = personal access to the backyard. Dog doors suck. There's definitely a hole big enough for Scout (which is good), but it's too big for the dog door to be bolted on (which is bad), oh and conviniently too high for Scout to go through (which makes the whole project usless). After I finished my crappy job, Rob and I, ever the posterchildren for the glass being half full, dragged Scout down the stairs to see him go through the door. Scout was not impressed. It was a scene comparable to "A Christmas Story" when that kid gets the pink bunny suit and his mother can't wait for him to try it on...Everyone knows it's going to look ridiculous and the kid obviously hates it, but mom is going to make him try it on anyway.
Dogs ain't like people, folks. I'd say Rob and I have a better chance of developing paws and using the door ourselves than Scout does "lowering himself" to using it. The door remains unswung.
christmas time
13 years ago
1 comment:
My parents had the same issue with their doggie door. The "training video" told them to tape the door open so the dog could go through and then throw treats through it. Yeah...my dad picked the poor dog up, threw HIM through the door & from that point on, the dog went on his own. Better to go through than be thrown I guess.
Oh...and in my experience, those 5-7 pounds disappear in the last 2 days when you can't keep anything in your system besides gatorade. :)
Post a Comment