Friday, July 08, 2005

what, no cape?

Ahhh, the stresses of the bride. Today I had my "first fitting"for my wedding dress. That's right, it takes MULTIPLE FITTINGS before you're done and you get to wear your dress for exactly one day before it sits in a closet for the rest of your life. You know, for as much as those cost (and I even got a 'cheap' one), you'd expect them to magically fit JUST BECAUSE. But Nooooo. You get to go back to the store over and over while some woman tells you to stand up straight, stop moving, and stop making faces at your sister in the mirror all the while she is sticking those tiny pins in your shins. "fixing my hem"...yeah right. I swear, it's like traumatic acupuncture. They claim to give you a 'personal seamstress'...hmm. It was a lot like getting a seen at the Emergency Room on a military base. You wait, they ignore you, you watch people come in and leave, and still you wait. They finally bring you in, say a bunch of stuff in broken English, and you leave confused and with less money. (okay, so on base they don't take your money). The woman I had reminded me a LOT of the lady on "The Increadibles" who made the super hero costumes. I kept waiting for her to explain how my dress was going to be flame resistant or stretchy or something. Nope. She wouldn't even do the cape. And I get to go back in August.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your mother was there in spirit this time, but in August, I will be there to supervise and make sure she includes the cape.......
with bows everywhere!:) Love you, Mom :)

Anonymous said...

"Machine washable, dahling... dat's a new feature."

Laura said...

Yeah.. those people were not the brightest crayons in the box...