Saturday, July 16, 2005

Breakfast at Tiffany's...(aka Mad City Coffee)

So I just had breakfast with a blast from the past. Dave Calvert, an old CU buddy. It was really surreal! You know how in 4th grade you were convinced that your teacher was JUST your teacher, and it was fascinating to see them in the grocery store, at the mall, basically anywhere that wasn't your classroom? It was almost as if outside of school they didn't exist. Well, it was very much like that today. I haven't seen some of these guys since college and can you believe he's been living and breathing all on his own for the past three years outside of my presence?...Wierd. Makes me wonder who else I haven't really been keeping up with...

Last night my sister brought home the first season of Sex and the City. I never watched it even when it was on TV because honestly it looked like a waste of time. (Plus I think you had to have the expensive cable tv... which I don't). We drank wine, ate potato chips and sushi (for future reference, that's a bad combo) and watched 6 HOURS of shoe shopping, bad hair and very questionable behavior. I feel dumber, shallower, and strangely addicted.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey -- i've been alive and breathing the past 4 years too!

and you want addicting....try the OC. at least it was for me haha

Laura said...

What Danielle isn't telling you is that the next night we watched Season 2... I'm starting to worry about her ..... and myself

Laura said...

You mean *GASP* you meet other people at Mad City besides me??? I thought we had something special there!

Thanks for the awesome voicemail, and I totally apologize for saying I would kick your ass :)