Tuesday, March 08, 2005

yeah...that's what I thought.

I feel the need to share this with you.
When I was a junior in high school I got Mono from kissing (mom thats slang for "studying with") a boy who had shared a hamburger with like 8 other guys (they were starving wrestlers trying to make weight before a match). Anyway. That's all background information, there for the sole purpose of your entertainment. (cue the applause).
Moving On.
I had Mono so bad that I didn't sleep for 3 days and ended up literally in my mother's lap in the emergency room of some hospital. (you know you're miserable when you're 17 and lying in your mom's lap...shameless). During the few weeks that I was "blessed" with this excused school absence, I had maybe ONE visitor. One. If anyone did call me, I don't remember it, except for Mr. Wrestler guy who called to break up with me over the phone that week. On Valentine's Day. Nice. Anyway, my point in telling you this is that while I, Danielle, A HUMAN, suffered through this near death (sort of..okay not really) experience alone, MY DOG has received multiple emails, phone calls, and IM's concerning his well-being and health from his dog fight yesterday. I don't think Scout even remembers that he was IN a dog fight. But here I am, 8 years after my NEAR DEATH EXPERIENCE (do you like how it gets worse every time I bring it up?) still scarred that none of you called me. And don't give me the "But Danielle, I didn't know you back then". I think we both know that's a lame excuse.

No comments: