Sunday, March 20, 2005

7 DAYS

That's right, Rob is home in 7 DAYS. Haha, I sound like the girl from "The Ring". I can't believe it's so close. What are you supposed to do you do when you haven't seen someone for 7 months? I have a feeling we'll be those people that get thrown out of the airport for being too loud or something. Whatever. Their loss.
So I spent last night with 10 month old baby Steven and his 3 year old sister Lorna making a "delicious Strawberry Pie". First we mixed ingredients (little plastic rings with bouncy balls) in a big plastic bowl. Then we baked it in the oven (laundry basket) for exactly 7 hours (about 4 seconds) as directed by Head Chef Lorna. Then came the "pie tasting". I'm never exactly sure how to eat pretend pie. Am I supposed to pick up a bouncy ball and pretend to munch on it, take a spoonful of air or what? Being the superior of the two chefs, I devised a plan . I asked Lorna to take the first bite. I figured I'd take my cues from her. This 3 year old looked me straight in the eye and said, completely seriously: "I'm on a diet".
Whatever dude, hand over the pie.

No comments: