So, Yesterday I went snowboarding with the Princeton Crew. (For those of you who just got all excited about Ivy League schools- Princeton is the ski shop I work at, not the University). It was my first time ever snowboarding and I can sum it all up in one word - "Ohholysmokesthathurts". I grew up a skier- and honestly, I'm pretty good. So I figured I could pick up snowboarding just as easily. (Yeah, yeah, athletes think they can do everything. shaddup already.) The first two hours were very comparable to the seventh ring of hell. If it weren't for my buddy, Sabin (Sabin, you ROCK) I would probably still be on the hill somewhere, knees held into my chest, rocking back and forth. He turned me into a snowboarding chick by the end of my third run on the mountain. The first two runs were less glamorous. I definitely had a few "yard sales" (Yard sale = when you wipe out so badly that everything you have on lands about 5 feet away from you in all directions). The nice thing about snowboarding with Princeton guys is that they know everything there is to know about skis and snowboards. Sabin even fixed my board from goofy foot to regular right on the side of the mountain. You can't buy that kind of service. I think we're going again next weekend.... I only hope the bruises are gone by this summer.
christmas time
13 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment