WE ARE PREGNANT!
(dun Dun DUN)
I wanted to wait until the 12th week to go announcing it all over the internet, but we're almost 11 weeks and apparently I've joined the varsity team of Morning Sickness so I'm miserable and running out of other stuff to write about. So here's to being knocked up and miserable! Go Team!
Despite all the 'super fun' morning sickness stuff, we are really excited about the arrival of Rockstar (which is our nickname for "it"). It's been pretty tough with Rob gone all the time, but I swear, he's like the Merry Maids service on weekends when he's home, and in the mean time I have awesome neighbors (those are two seperate links) who come over on a daily basis making mac and cheese, taking out the garbage, and force feeding me bottle after bottle of water. (Had a few hydration scares).
Work has changed 180 degrees. I never go these days and if I do, I look like hell and I'll stay for an hour or so until my face turns green and someone says "Hey, you really don't look well... do you need someone to drive you home?" It's mostly men and they've been surprisingly understanding...although most of them have been married for 20 years and have kids close to my age, so I'm guessing it's not their first time dealing with a pregnant woman. They are basically letting me work 'consultant hours' (i.e. whenever I can) and even let me move my cube to a remote section of the office so I don't have to smell lunches, coffee, etc.
In the mean time I've been threatening Rob that he'll be carrying the next Townley baby... Hey, Science is always making progress...
5 comments:
WAHOOO!!!! You posted! I was going crazy not being able to say anything! I am so happy for you guys and cannot wait to have Peabert and Rockstar play together! Seriously, I could burst I am so excited! I love you guys!
Congrats!!!! How stinking exciting! I'm 5 months pregnant now and so happy to be through with the morning sickness part (though it doesn't sound like I got "the bug" as badly as you!) Please let me know if you have any questions (not that I know that much...it's just been a very learning experience!)
-adrienne
Hurray!!! Hope you start feeling better soon :)
Congratulations on Rockstar's impending arrival! I have a size 3 soccer ball she can have whenever she gets here. However, if she's like her mom she'll be kicking long before her birthday. Savor the experience.
Hey Danielle, this is Kim from Crossroads. I know I said it before, but Congrats! We missed you that night we were leading together. I hope you start to feel better soon!!
Post a Comment