Tuesday, May 02, 2006

That's Hot...or Not

I think God blesses certain people with a sense of humor for a reason. Case in point:
Sunday, Rob and I drove 9 hours to Jacksonville, NC for his promotion ceremony on Monday. We rolled into the hotel around midnight DOG TIRED and crashed in bed. Monday morning we got up and 45 minutes, two showers, and a continental breakfast later we arrived on base for his promotion.
It was like Ghost Town, USA.
When we finally got a hold of someone who knew what the deal was we found out everyone in Rob's company was on leave. No, like EVERYONE. And "oh....crap....this is awkward...um....we forgot to contact you....so...see you Wednesday?"
(Angry Words).

So we drove all the way back home yesterday. Actually, it wasn't so bad- we kind of found it hilarious (enter afore-mentioned sense of humor) and turned our return trip into a road trip - taking pictures EVERYWHERE.

We visited Rob's old stomping grounds where he grew up - which was really cool and ironically close to where I grew up- and took a picture with the famous Townley Farm Road sign (okay, to US it's famous).


I think that made it all worthwhile.
Eh, Whatever-
Congrats on your promotion, Honey!!!

2 comments:

TortfeasorG said...

holy CRAP!

talk about annoying! I'm glad you guys were able to make the best of it anyway. I'm going to need to see a picture of this (alleged) Townley Lane.

"oirxcgr"

Overly
Informed
Rob
Xciting
Cartrip
Gone
Rong

LoveLladro said...

Sorry to hear about the defunct ceremony but Adam and I will sit on your couch and watch Danielle pin you (or whatever that ceremony thing that you do is... not like the movie theatre)

Love to see the sense of humor! Townley attitude is awesome! Nothing like husband/wife bonding time!