Okay, so everyone has been calling and emailing us trying to find out what the heck we're talking about with all this Marine Corps stuff. Here's what we know:
1.) Original Plan as promised by Marine Corps: Rob goes to Africa, comes home and gets a non-deployable job up in DC. Rob and Danielle get to see eachother on a daily basis (imagine that!)
2.) New Plan from Marine Corps: Rob is signed up for another deployment that leaves next May and will stay in North Carolina for the next two years. Rob and Danielle will see eachother on weekends. (had about enough of this one)
We haven't given up all hope of getting to stay up here just yet...although it's not looking good for the home team. We should know the outcome by this weekend. Rob and I have talked about it at length and decided that a house is a house, a job is a job. Both can be found just about anywhere - Our marriage, however, is one of a kind and it's worth a little relocation if need be. So, there's a very good chance that I will be a Carolina girl by the end of the summer.
In the mean time, Home Improvement ensues. We're redoing our master bathroom (the last room in the house that we haven't touched yet). Hopefully our tenants will like it. (insert a *touch* of sarcasm here)
We'll keep you posted.
christmas time
13 years ago
7 comments:
I hope you like the beach... as there isnt much else in that end of the world. You are at least 2.5 hours from anywhere interesting, and Wilmington is a terrible town.
But... I like the middle of nowhere, and I love the beach... So it would be a supurb place for me! :)
If you go, I hope you and Rob can make it a good place for you...
What! We LOVE Wilmington! I think you might be a little crazy :)
Wilmington for me has always been a nice place to visit, but not nice to stay... I get the creeps in that town, and I cant put my finger on it. Nicer then Fayetteville however. At least you dont have gang violence in Wilmington like in Fayetteville (as bad anyway).
The outer banks however are amazing, and I always liked going out there. Nice fishing, nice nature, nice water...
Okay Niall, you're killing me here. It's not like the miltary sat Rob down with a cup of hot chocolate, spread a map of the world before him and said "Okay, sweetheart, where would you like to live?" In case you missed it, the only choice we're getting is to remain positive - whatever happens. You don't have to come visit us in our "creepy gang violence ridden" new home. So ease up, eh? Oh and also, don't pursue a career as a motivational speaker....just a thought.
i say yay for nc! if you and rob are ever passing through the wake forest area we have a futon that's free for crashing-on purposes :)
Yeah for Carolina! :) Ok...so maybe that's not exactly what you want to hear right now, but you guys are on the right track...you can have a job anywhere & anytime, but a marriage that is for a lifetime. Keep putting it first & it will stay that way. Love you guys & we're praying for you!
Aw come on! I didnt mean it that way sis... I lived in NC for a better part of 10 years and I was trying to give you an honest opinion. For some reason Wilmington leaves a bad taste in my mouth. But there is plenty around there that is wonderful! I think its great that you are going there, and I think you will be fine. You will certainly be closer to visit!
I know you have no choice. That sucks big time. If you had a choice to live somewhere in NC, I would have hoped Chapel Hill, Cary, Boone, or Ashville. But Wilmington will be just fine.
I would rather be honest and straight with you instead of putting a bright and shiny face on everything :)
Post a Comment