Thursday, May 11, 2006

Saying good-bye to Michael Healy

I think this is just one of those weeks.
Today I attended my best friend's brother's funeral. This past Sunday, Michael Healy was claimed by cancer at the young age of 27. It was amazing to see the amount of friends and family that made the drive out to Maryland in order to honor his life one last time. More impressive still was watching my friend, Katie, as she spoke on behalf of her sister and herself. She praised God for His faithfulness and love even through the loss of her brother. It was one of those experiences that made my faith a little stronger. I know none of you guys probably knew Michael, but I feel like I should tell you- he was a great guy. It's hard to accept that someone so young could be taken from this world. Michael Healy serves as a reminder that each day is a gift, no amount of time on earth is promised to any of us. Having said that, I plan on making the most of today.

No comments: