Okay, so these are pictures Rob sent me to upload for him. I'm going to let him comment on the who/what/when. For now I'll put in what I can. (Honey, please change these comments as soon as possible!) He's getting kinda scruffy though!

Hey All! Rob here. So here's a photo of Kalkidon (pronounced "Cal-kee-dawn") at her family's house during the celebration of St John the Baptist. Last month when I met her she had a severe case of malaria, but luckily we got some medicine in her in time, and she's feeling much better. Even to the point where she wanted to rock my sunglasses 'Lenny Kravitz style" over lunch. Isn't she a cutie?

Hmm...This is not what it looks like. The locals use these big water pipes called "shisha" to smoke dried fruit while they drink cofee...a little weird, but it has sort of a relaxing effect. I wasn't too keen on it at first, but I figured I had to give it a shot or risk offending angry tribal people...so, ya know...

Here's me and my partner Dave at the celebration of St John...it's kind of like the last day of celebration in their extended Christmas holiday over here. They do the Ethiopian Orthodox Church thing over here...really interesting. Kind of like the distant cousin that no one talks about.

This is a state of the art, camel-powered sesame seed press. Basically the camel walks around in a circle and drives this kind of mortar and pestle thing that grinds sesame seeds into oil. And the kid just sits on top of it and whips the camel all day. This camel has been at it for like 10 years. You really, really have to screw up in a former life to come back as a camel sentenced to walk in circles for your whole life. What a depressing thought.
1 comment:
#1...Love the gruff, shades, and the fruity bong
#2...Poor Poor camel. I better be careful!
#3...Seriously, love the white shirt. That shirt ROCKS!!!
SMOOCHES!!!
Post a Comment