Saturday, January 21, 2006

You say it's your Birthday

Well, today is my birthday and I'm 26. You don't really get anything cool at 26. At 16 you can drive, 18 you can vote, 21 you can dri- I mean... at 24 you can rent a car or a hotel room. 26 = Nothing. You have reached that point where getting a year older is not cool. Unless I plan to run for president or something, the years of waiting for age qualifications are over (if you don't count the senior citizen discount). Soon I'll be too old to try out for American Idol. Not that I want to, I'm just sayin'.
Greeeaaaat.

Rob did call and sing happy birthday to me in Amaric though. I love being married to someone who's cooler than me. It makes me cool by association.

P.S. Thanks all you guys who sent me birthday cards! That was way cool. Those of you who didn't...If I were you I'd claim I did. Who knows, I'm so old I probably won't remember who did and who didn't in a day or two anyway.

5 comments:

LoveLladro said...

I am glad you liked the card I sent ;~)

LT said...

Happy Day of B!

Anonymous said...

happy birthday, danielle!

Doyle said...

Oh, and don't forget, at 25 your insurance drops. And yes, that makes 26 even more depressing. However, I can say that I have survived it successfully for the last month, and I believe in the power of you believing in yourself. Seriously though, happy b-day, and 26 just means you're that much closer to not being carded anymore :)

Team Rucker said...

So I know I gave you a card with your gift, but just last night, I found the original card I had gotten you in the beginning of January when I went to the 'card factory outlet' and got all my January Bday cards all at once. Then...i lost them all. I am such a smart cookie, a winner, the sharpest dull knife in the drawer. Oh, well, I can consider myself prepared for next year...huh?!

And by the way, yeah...... I don't wanna hear it until you are turning 31! Aaaahhh, 26. Seems so long ago! Ole man river here.... signing out!