Monday, January 02, 2006

The madness continues

The front hallway of my home currently looks like a junk yard. About this bathroom... yeah. The plumber guy ROCKS. He tore out my sink and the toilet all with me cheering in the backround. The 'fun' part began when I realized the house builders in their infanite wisdom (drench that word in sarcasm please)did not complete the flooring under the sink. SO, now I have to add more flooring before I can tile anything. Oh, and my plumber is going to have to come back and RIP OUT PART OF THE WALL. (Rob I really hope you find all this out through the blog instead of me. Please don't call me until you've started breathing again). The good news is that the water is back on and I can shower! Yeah, so this is the new deal:
1.) I paint
2.) Jim rips out toiled and sink
3.) I replace floor
4.) Jim (plumber) installs stuff that requires wall getting knocked in
5.) I paint over big hole in wall
6.) Jim comes back to install sink and toilet
7.) We all dance and dance and throw a party in my bathroom.
# of Trips to Lowes = Amazingly still just 2. Although we had a scare there this afternoon
Current State of bathroom:
Disgusting. And yes, that's a toilet in the shower.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You, my love, are the WOMAN! And, you look totally hot in safety goggles (that's right, my wife looks hot in SAFETY GOGGLES. Who else can say that with a straight face?!?!). You're the best baby..I can't wait to see the new bathroom!

Team Rucker said...

Hey woman! Yeah, but it'll be good as new soon and you all can do your biz and soak yourselves in the beauty of a new bathroom. So what color have you decided on? I know you looked at a few. Hey, I didn't see any pic of you in goggles? Can't wait to see it. There are those crafty skilled home builders who obviously live by the phrase, "Outta site, outta mind!" Angry words....sorry I don't mean to bite off of the Townley terminology. But I thought it was appropriate.

Laura said...

oh dear lord.... love my sister.. and dude! that pvc pipe did not budge at all, even with scalding water that I half expected to pour on myself

tim jenkins said...

hmmmm

toilet in the shower

that way when i pee in the shower in the morning

it wouldn't seem as icky

I LIKE THIS IDEA