So, I landed in the ER around 1:30 am with nausea, vomitting, chills, fever and abdominal pain. Awesome.
Rob (awesome husband) packed up Anna for the drive over and then slept in the car with her(better than taking an infant into an ER in the middle of the night to catch whatever people have) while I went in.
The doc was "really concerned" that my appendix had ruptured. (So concerned that I spent 4 hours in an empty waiting room watching HGTV with an IV in my arm....) But after 8 hours, A few blood tests, an IV, CT Scan, and a liter of some beverage that makes your insides glow (but tastes like they got it out of the Potomac) we found out I had a ruptured ovarian cyst. (My first question: WTH is that?)
Apparently it's "quite painful and can make you very nauseas and miserable". (Ya think?) but by the time they figured out that's what I had, my body had already been through the worst of it. So she wrote me a perscription for the pain- which is not nearly what it was during those wee hours this morning when I would have sworn I was in hell - and sent us on our merry way.
I figured after not sleeping all night I might as well go straight to work. No sense going home to take a nap and getting my schedule all screwy. So here I am at 6:15pm barely keeping my eyes open. Whew.
The good news is that I'm healthy. I was not looking forward to an appendectomy.
We know how to have a good time.
christmas time
13 years ago
4 comments:
It might be a tumor. Glad to hear everything eventually left you without dying.
Gosh, I just LOVE blog stalking you...lmao!! But I am glad you are feeling better!! I had something like that, but ended up being a Kidney Stone..can you say ouch!!
So sorry to hear about the ER... that place is never good times! Glad to hear that it has passed and hopefully gone for good!
Oh, my gosh. They are (unfortunately) really common, and painful. I've had three that I know of, and scarily enough, I had one that ripped my lovely ovary and I was bleeding internally! I never got the vomiting, but I got the excruciating painful symptoms.
Post a Comment