I heard that you get "Mommy Brain" when you're pregnant and it lasts through the first year of your child's life. I beg to differ. It definitely lasts at least a week beyond the first birthday...
Around 4am I woke up to Anna crying. (She's going through a growth spurt or something latley.) Anyway, I got up and went to her room, and she was barely awake just kind of moaning. I reached for her bottle- which just had water in it (per the dental assoc.'s reccomendation to prevent tooth decay) and tipped it down to her to see if she was thirsty.
At least that's what I thought I did.
In reality, for some reason I took the top off of the bottle and poured cold water on her head soaking her hair, pajamas, even her diaper got wet.
Nice one, Mommy.
I had to wake up Rob so he could hold the now very awake, screaming Anna (Another famous Townley "Two Man Job!") while I changed the sheets on her bed.
Ahhh, fun for the WHOLE family!
Once I got everyone back into their respective beds I admitted to a very sleepy Rob what had happened. All I can say is if you and your husband can laugh at 4:30 in the morning about pouring water on your kid (by accident!!!), well, you have a good thing.
HUGE shout out to the Pouli for helping us get our house ready to put on the market yesterday! (Thank you!!!) Today is 'yard day'. We are reclaiming our backyard from Scout and all the stray cats who like to use it as their own personal master bath. Wish us luck!
christmas time
13 years ago
8 comments:
that is soooo funny! poor anna...never knew what was coming.
That is hilarious!!! Where are you guys moving to?
Jenn
Danielle,
All I can say is that Im glad I didnt have students in my class when I read this...hilarious. And people lie... Mommy brain lasts well on into the second year too!
Take care, Kristin
HAHAHAHAHAHAH
HAHAHHAHAHAHAH
HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH
very nice.
you guys are selling your house?
and mommy brain goes away? this phenomenon has passed me by... the going away, that is.
I laughed out loud, bc I can just see any parent making the same mistake. Also I could just see Anna's expression at that moment. However if that happened at our house Joe would probably not be as humurous in the moment, only because he would be the one with the screaming baby in his ear.
Are you guys moving to Calvert County ;)
Too funny! Poor Anna never saw it coming! I am 17 months in and I still have mommy brain ;~(
HA!!! What's the number for Child Protective Services in your area again? =)
Post a Comment