Sunday, January 28, 2007

And in the morning? I'm making Waffles!

Today is my buddy, Jenn's WEDDING DAY! (CONGRATS YOU GUYS!) In our excitement for our friends, Rob and I decided to comply with their "no wedding gifts, please" request and simply get them a "Happy National January 28th!" gift. (It's legit. I looked it up). Anyway, we decided on the waring pro waffle maker. My uncle bought us one on our wedding day and we use it almost every weekend. We've been buying them for people's weddings ever since. So I brought it over this morning because I knew they had a ton of family over and may need some "breakfast help".
I got my huge box out of the car, went inside to say hi and found them already eating breakfast....more specifically, eating WAFFLES. (dun Dun DUN!). Awk.Ward.
Actually I have a history of buying people stuff they already have. Call it a "gift". (get it? gift? I'm so good.)
So, back to the drawing board for the Townleys...

In other news, Rob is doing really well. We have something like 50 days left until he comes home! (!!!!!) And in case you weren't aware, we are closing in on the FINAL YEAR of his enlistment! (Party at our house). So yeah, 2007 is looking good here in Townley-land. Okay. Tomorrow is Monday and if this week is anything like last week- I'll see you guys on Saturday.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

D & R,
Thanks very much for the "almost gift" that had to be returned. We told you not to buy us anything -"Just so you know" that is called McKarma I believe-YEAH!
BTW Rob: have another shipment of "PA's best ever beef jerky" coming your way soon!

Anonymous said...

Hey you! McShut it :-)Oh, "just so YOU know", YOU'RE GETTING A GIFT!

Anonymous said...

You're not the boss of me! And. AND! If we tell you not to buy a gift, we mean it! McKarma will get you again. Would you like a list of things we already have or would you rather keep taking stuff back to the store?
No more oatmeal choc chip cookies for you!

Anonymous said...

Oh NO YOU DIDN'T!

Hmmmm. I don't think I need a list of stuff you already have. I'm pretty sure you're low on TACT, and MANNERS. (...oh,and that pretzel snack stuff that Cullen and I devoured....)
Oh, I WENT THERE!

(hey I figure if the cookies are already a 'no go', I have nothing else to lose.)

KMAN said...

Wow! Nice almost gift! Did I mention that our wedding just went by? And as I recall, no gift from the Eastern Seaboard . . .