Tuesday, January 16, 2007

'Sup.

Sorry if I've been giving you all abandonment issues with my absence lately. Things have been a little crazy with the variable hotel I seem to be running out of our house! This weekend in addition to my new company's Holiday Dinner, I got a visit from college buddy, Katie.
First of all, I have to give the new company some props. We ate at Roy's in Baltimore. Last year when they ate at Roy's, John Travolta had flown in JUST to have dinner there. Yeah, it's crazy nice.
The job is going really well (thanks everyone who's been asking!) Rob surprised me with an "early birthday/congrats on the new job" gift last week- which has basically put him in the Husband Hall of Fame. And I'm not sure if I mentioned this 100 times yet, but we're finally officially PAST the halfway point in Rob's deployment! (This is also beneficial because after three years of deployments, my creative care package ideas are growing sparse).
Right, as I was saying, Katie came up this weekend and we repainted one of the bedrooms (cough*craft room*cough) lavender and chocolate. It turned out really well, but still needs some curtains, etc. Which is also why I'm not putting up pictures yet. If I've learned anything from blogging, it's that you guys are a tough crowd! I'll get them up soon, though.

In closing, I'm not sure if the heat is "still" not working because it's been HOT here lately... but don't worry, I'll be sure to let you know this weekend when the temp drops about 30 degrees.

2 comments:

Johnnie Avocado said...

So what are they saying is wrong with the water heater? Did the element go on it?

The Townleys said...

Dude. who knows? The water heater is fine. (found out we have a heat pump, so the water heater is seperate) My sister's boyfriend replaced the thermostat- which he thinks is what caused the malfunction. Now we play the waiting game.... :-)