So, I am officially shouting from the rooftops that I START MY JOB ON MONDAY!
As you may know, it's been a few weeks since they hired me, but with the holidays, etc. all the hoops that needed to be jumped through were impossible because everyone went on vacation. For like, ever. Anyway so you may need to find some other website to brighten up your Monday morning because I'll be getting spun up on all the new and interesting things I've missed out on over the last four months of unemployment. (woohoo!)
Yesterday I got the monthly newsletter from Rob's commander (or whatever he's called). They send these out to us poor, lonely housewives every month to tell us how great the Marines are and basically how we should all get pregnant and raise sons that will one day be part of The Few, The Proud. They probably figure that if they time it right, Rob will retire and little Johnny Townley will be old enough to replace his Dad in Iraq. (Nice HR move. Not so much for this family).
Anyway, according to Captian America, Rob is almost at the halfway point in his deployment. Yeah... not buying that one. Officially, yes, I see that it's the half way point. (Danielle can add). HOWEVER, after a few deployments, you start to realize that about 3 weeks before Rob comes home they will magically extend him for another 45 days or so. (I'm convinced they say "days" because it sounds better than "6 more weeks" or "a month and a half"). Don't get me wrong, I would LOVE to be proved wrong by the USMC and have Rob show up sometime in mid-March, but it would definitely be a first for these guys.
This Marine wife thing, it's SO glamorous.
christmas time
13 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment