Saturday, December 09, 2006

The Office Christmas Party: Don't Leave Home Without It

Tonight must be the official "Office Christmas Party" night for the great state of Maryland. All of my nieghbors (re: extended family) are out hopefully not drinking too much in front of their respective bosses and waiting to see who will be the first coworker to decide that dancing on the tables is a great idea...
I've never been much for the Office Christmas Party. I'd rather spend a Saturday night with people that I'm not paid to sit near for 40 hours a week.
Then again, this year is a little different... I suppose that considering my current occupation is "trophy wife", you could consider tonight my own, personal "Office Christmas Party". I just had a nice, long conversation with my boss over in Iraq and my big plans for the rest of the evening consist of some comfy pants, a good DVD and the Captian. AND I don't have to worry about Janice-from-Marketing getting up on the table to sing her favorite rendition of "Grandma got runover by a reindeer".
Yeah, my office SO rocks.
P.S. Speaking of my boss (wink, nudge), I got another letter from Rob today and as promised, he included another one of their famous posters... thought I'd share

No comments: