The pads of my fingers are actually throbbing. (sounds like an exaggeration... it isn't). But the women's Christmas banquet last night went pretty well. There were about 150 women that showed. Rob had promised to call right after my interview and was determined to get ahold of me to find out how it went. It was 4:30am -his time- (middle of the guest speaker's message -my time) when his call finally got through. I swear anyone else I would have sent to voice mail, but you don't ignore calls from Iraq. Even when you're sitting at the front table in a banquet hall and everyone watches you get up and leave. Although later they found out that it was Rob calling from Iraq. I don't think it's possible to get a more sympathetic crowd than 150 Christian women. After dinner I was swarmed with invitations to Christmas dinners, weekend plans, etc. I thought that was really nice.
Okay, so the interview. I have no idea how it went on their end. My end is best described in three words: "Scary as Hell". They asked so many technical and intricate questions that I started to have flashbacks of my senior finals in college. I can't imagine that they left out anything that would necessitate a third interview...unless they plan to take blood. I got a look at one of the guys I'm up against and he was probably at least 15 years older than me (which is bad news because his resume probably has 15 more years of experience). But whatever. I know my stuff. My guess is that it's anybody's game.
K, saving the best for last; Rob sent me his first picture from Iraq today! Ladies and Gents, may I present my goof ball husband, who finds new ways to make me smile on a daily basis, and his goof ball buddy, Jay

Love it. :-) Merry Christmas, Boys!
6 comments:
Awww....that's a change...Rob having Santa sit on HIS lap!!!! ((I didn't know Santa carried a 9mm Beretta?)) Rob, thanks for serving the US.
Danielle, you need to play more to get those callises going. Keep at it.
That picture is PRICELESS! Thanks for the good laugh. At least he doesn't look miserable.
Yeah...even us "trained killers" (as Danielle loves to refer to us) have to make fools of ourselves now and then, otherwise we'd go nuts. I've got a nice sleigh out here...now if only we could find some camels rather than reindeer....
Happy Holidays everybody!
So is Sandy Santa the pistol packing Jolly man in the photo?
Sandy Santa would be MY pistol packing Jolly man. (hint: you can tell when it's Rob because he always attaches a fake link to his name.)
Danielle and Rob, ya'll brighten my day!
Post a Comment