Well, it's Christmas...again.
Rob and I are trying like hell to come up with some Christmas Cheer between the two of us (yeah, I know. just said "hell" and it's Christmas. Bad Danielle.) but we're "0 for 3" for times that Rob's been home for the Holidays so forgive us if our Christmas Spirit is wearing a little thin this year. Actually I think this is Rob's sixth Christmas in a row where he's been deployed somewhere.
Aaaaaand it sucks.
This morning every song on the radio was of the "I'll be home for Christmas" genre. I thought that was just mean. I finally resorted to some classical music (No words).
Anyway, I don't mean to detract from Jesus' birthday just because we both have bad attitudes. Like I said, we're trying... I still paid the toll for the guy behind me on my way home from Delaware today.
*If you travel as much as we do, you know that it costs $10 in tolls to go from Maryland to Delaware. We've made a habit of paying for whoever is behind us in line at one of the three tolls. (So now you know. Get behind the black Honda.)*
The thing is, I'm never sure if the "toll people" actually pass along my $3 and "Have a great day" to the next car... they probably just roll their eyes and buy something from the vending machine on their next break.
What??! I told you! My Christmas Spirit is AWOL!
christmas time
13 years ago
1 comment:
Merry Christmas guys! One of my good friends did a tour in iraq, and the wife and kid's were here. I went over and made video's of his family, then edited them and sent him the DVDs. He seemed to appreciate it. His experiences was different. He was a Combat MP, at the big prison near the Baghdad airport. Still sounded tough though.
Post a Comment