Yes sportsfans, we have an update on the Townleys' relocation to scenic NC...on a few fronts. This morning Danielle went in for a job interview at the extended campus that Campbell University has onboard Camp Lejeune (where Rob works). Yeah...not quite the beacon of higher education we thought it would be. Without so much as reading her resume, the interviewing counselor proceeded to ask her questions akin to "So...If someone just came into the office and started screaming at you, I mean just
screaming, what would you do? Oh, and what if you had to answer the phone and someone was yelling at you, what would you say?" Danielle came out of the interview with one of those incredulous, "was that the twilight zone I just left?" looks on her face - priceless. In other news, we're going to an outdoor live Rock/Jazz dance night tonight in Wilmington at Airlie Gardens (much fun to be had), and a hookah bar called the Juggling Gypsy with bellydancing on Saturday night (Yes, that's right, a hookah bar. Not hooker bar, get your minds out of the gutter). So look for us to be continuing our HBO series marathons on Sunday, we'll probably not be up for much more than that. Oh...and the geek in me has to say, I just inherited an espresso machine from a pal at work...
fresh espresso rocks! Just have to get the milk frother now and I'll be in business. Caffeinated business.
2 comments:
I think you just picked a career for yourself! Barista!
It is so refreshing to read your commentaries. Sometimes I wonder what has happened to the educated part of society, well, I guess working at a jail probably doesn't help, but either way it is still nice to read your thoughts and feel akin to some other people out there. God bless.
Post a Comment