I can't believe we're down to TWO DAYS. I'm waiting on Rob to call me with his flight information. He is flying out of Djibouti at around 3am his time (approx. 8pm tonight for us). This is definitely the best part of the entire deployment- you realize that yet again, you have survived, and now you finally get to spend time together! So, now that I know he's not going to be checking his computer again until he gets home- a huge THANK YOU goes out to our Bible Study who helped me get the big home improvement stuff taken care of. You guys are amazing! They came over for an entire Saturday to cut quarter round, paint baseboards, re-tile a bathroom, basically you name it. Rob's going to be so surprised (and elated...he
hates tiling). Anyway, thanks again, you guys!
See...sometimes it's not such a bad thing that I can't cook. I can tile like the wind.

Can you tell who was photo-shopped in? :-) How do you like the blue paint tape?
4 comments:
yay!! 2 days!! i'm so excited for you guys :)
From the hallway, it looks awesome! Rob is a lucky man to have a wife that can do all of that! Wanna come work on our house? :) I'm so happy that you guys get to spend some much needed time together! Turn off the phones, lock the doors, leave the state...do whatever you've got to do!
Heads Up USA, Rob is on his way -departed the Horn of Africa around 1AM Eastern time zone,Saturday April 7, 2006 and should be there in approx 32 HOURS...give or take a couple of hours for MARINE math!
It was my pleasure to serve with him as he is an exceptional member of our team. We are extremely fortunate to have people like Rob leading our effort overseas! Thank You for supporting him while deployed - MAJ :D
GOD BLESS!
No, seriously- thank YOU for serving. Come home safely!
Post a Comment