Thursday, April 13, 2006

Final Destination

Well, we're HOME! (Finally!) We left Jacksonville around 9am yesterday and drove for ten super-fun traffic filled hours before arriving at our final destination. Rob is thrilled to be home. I gave him a 'tour' of the new and IMPROVED Townley household, we had a fantastic gourmet dinner of grilled cheese and tomato soup, went through three days worth of mail, and called it a night.
*Side note- it's really nice to only be responsible for throwing away MY junk mail. I think I actually felt a tear in my eye as I watched Rob tossing out his own credit card offers, "YOU'VE WON 5 MILLION DOLLARS" announcements and, my personal favorite, the official looking envelopes with "time sensetive, open immediately' that make you all nervous until you open it up and it's like a Bed Bath and Beyond 20% Off Coupon.
Silly Marketing Companies.

2 comments:

LoveLladro said...

Funny how you miss the littlest things when he was gone... bet those are the things that the military doesn't prep you for ;~)

I missed having someone to grocery shop with... it makes it so much better when you have a jokester with you (unless of course you are in a hurry;~)

I am so glad you have Rob back on American soil, safe and sound!

See you tonight!

Anonymous said...

I can tell you two are just smitten! It is so cute. I can't even imagine being away from my husband that long!

I know exactly what Lovellardro means about the grocery store "unless you are in a hurry!" I can relate.