I would like to personally thank Baltimore Gas & Electric for appointing themselves as our savings bank. Over the past few months I have been killing myself over our gas/electric bill. The first time I got one of these crazy bills from them ($400) I called. They explained that gas prices had increased and everyone was experiencing the strain on their wallet. Since then, I have gone to bed in sweats, turned on only the necessarry lights, and on one occasion even had to offer a guest a blanket while we were hanging out one night because it was so darn cold. I felt horrible each month explaining to Rob (In Africa) that yet again I had blown hundreds on our gas bill.
Yeah. All in vain.
Yesterday we got a bill from BG&E stating that they had overcharged us over the past few months by $1,000.00. Let me repeat that: ONE THOUSAND DOLLARS. It must be nice to have an extra thousand dollars just hanging around. I WONDER WHAT THAT FEELS LIKE.
But, no worries- this month's bill is $600 (yes, of course it is)- and they'll just apply it to that. What are the odds that $600 for our tiny house is a TAD off?
christmas time
13 years ago
4 comments:
Holy Carp... that is insane... they should be writing you a check for the thousand PLUS interest! you have to love a company that has a monopoly... hmmm, wonder if we have that to look forward to... scary ;~(
There is no way...I thought it was odd the first time you told me about it. But I know that you two will not back down and you will get it right.
sounds like you might need an attorney...
by the way... can't wait until BG&E raises rates 72% in a couple months as planned... HOORAY for OVERCHARGING!
you're lucky
down here the power company has a standard policy that if they overcharge you, they're only required to pay X back
and X is rather low, it is definitely lower than $1,000
they try and validate this concept by then saying "well, if we undercharged you by $1,000, we would only make you pay for X"
but i've NEVER heard of anybody being undercharged by the power company
freakin monopolies...
Post a Comment