
So, this past Sunday, we were fortunate enough to score an invitation to pretty much the social event of the decade: The Shippyque. Only the elite of Maryland's bourgoise made the list to sample the finest in backyard hors de ouvres, repleat with Scott's famous Georgia Iced Tea and bacon/spam toothpick kebabs. Following the dining event, the afternoon gave way to heated, white knuckle games of Caution Tape Badminton and "Punch Wilson" Volleyball, where the eastern seaboard's stars and starlets let down their hair (and rolled up their pants). At stake: a much coveted Napoleon Dynamite sweatshirt, the winner of which has yet to be announced. Seriously though, we had a great time over at the Shippy's...eating cookies!
19 comments:
I think it is spelled "Shippeque"! And I talked to the judges, Team Adam/Rob/Jessi definitely won... where is our Napoleon Dynamite sweatshirt!!!
And I am now realizing that I can't tell which of you wrote this... apparently hilarity runs deep in the Townley house.
Oh, that was definitely Rob writing; Danielle would have had difficulty with "bourgoise"... I'm KIDDING Danielle! But can someone phonetisize "Shippeque" for me?
Is it Ship-peck (accent either 1st or 2nd syllable) or is it Shi-peh-cue or Shi-peh-quay?
And my word verification is the sound Rob made when Danielle shoved a cookie into his mouth as he was starting to say "Honey..."
"huxzlhh"
Well, I have to agree w/ my wifey-poo. Team Adam/Rob/Jessi clearly smote the opposition.
Andy... It's Ship. P. Cue. or Shippy. Cue.
At least Team Adam/Rob/Jessi (least catchy name ever, by the way) all live w/in feet of each other (or, at least they will in a few days), so they can share the coveted Napoleon Dynamite hoodie.
Signing off "bzqalnuy"
I make a motion to change the name "Team Adam/Rob/Jessi" to "The ARJ." Sounds much more intimidating, like a left wing militant group in Venezuela or something. Except we're like, bible study people who play backyard tennis and eat chocolate chip cookies. VIVA LA REVOLUCION!!
VIVA LA ARJ!!!
Okay. FIRST OF ALL, ANDY- I know big words. Like really big words... and stuff. So...there. And as the one representative from team Scaneth (SCott,dANielle,sETH - it sounds like a Shakespearian word.) I say WE won. (duh). Plus our team had way more panache. Andy, I hope you are noting my Implausible word usage... okay, I have a thesaurus...and a spell check...shaddup.
I am in favor or Team ARJ, only I would prefer we sound ARJ out as a word like arrrrrjhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Talk about intimidation!
Team Scaneth knowest not the nectar sweet of victory. Panache conveyeth a good pursuit, but talent overcometh thine. Long liveth mine ARJJJJJJJJJJ!
Check that Iambic Pentameter!
Now hand over that HOODIE!
o yeah, "cqlkpvsd" Starting a new trend: making your word verification into an anagram:
Carrie
Quickly
Lifts
Kegs
Peering at the
Vision of
Scott
Diving for the ball
Due to the unforeseen criticisms brought forward by the Shippeque neighborhood association (a.k.a Annapolis Ward 7 grill roast sear flame char-grill spit-on-a-stick Shippeque barbecue ) it has been brought to the attention of the judges that chemical enhancements may have been a factor in the athletic performances by Sundays contestants. Evaluations are currently being taken under review by the legislators to be held immediately in the place of the BG&E rate hike negotiations. Provided a determination is made prior to the disperse for holiday, the outcome of the investigation will be announced Thursday evening at 8pm following toothpick spam and the infamous but questionable corn syrup pineapple kiwi punch.
The investigation was triggered following the announcement that the chemical produced by combining pineapple corn syrup and kiwi was the same used by Barry Bonds to overcome the pain induced from running the bases on his surgically repaired right knee moments before hitting his 710th homerun which was wasted as the only run scored when the Mets defeated the Giants 4-1 on Tuesday.
The award in question for Sunday’s Mid-West Iowa Yard Clothes line Paddle Ball Tennis Tournament is being held at an undisclosed location by the Pedro Protection Agency and will be transported by the Pedro logistics department in an unmarked vessel prior to this evenings award presentation.
Well-scriptethed Fair Danielle. Ye putteth me in my place, verily, changeth my distorted perception of your literary acumen, theaurus and spell-check aside...
And now.....OH NO!! you gotta be kidding....fine time to start the anagram trend! Two large Caribou coffees to whomever comes up with a plausible, true anagram for
"xilxoquh"!!
xenomorphs
intimidate
lackidaisical
xenophobes
or
quickly
undermine
hominids
ok, so it's not great, but X? Gimme a break.
Nobody
Likes
A
Show
Off
And nice website, honey.
I fear I may have spoken too quickly. It occurs to me that if Rob wins TWO large Caribou Coffees... He might be inclined to share...
I
Love
You
:-)
(shoot. I think I blew it)
OK this is getting a little crazy. Anyways, Adam loved the anagram! Not going to attempt: wdxvvtrai. oops wrong: this time gzvaeicy
Depending on who shows up tonight determines if the hoodie gets awarded tonight...or it will have to wait until next time.
Can I say that I'm happy that the anagrams have taken off!
Andy, here's my shot:
xilxoquh
Xerography
Is
Like
Xerox,
Only
Quite
Um...
Heavier.
signing off "pimudeyi"
Putting
It
Mildly
Ubiquitously,
Dude
Eats at
Yearly
Intervals
xenia
is
losing
x-rays
over
quality
un-
happiness
Oh yeah, that's a winner!!!
drats, I fear that my awesomeness has been overcome by the one who loves lladro...
es ok... it all goes to the same place!
"pvbgavmg"
Peter
Violently
Buttoned
Green
Antelope
Valves
Missing
Gasses
Sorry, Rob, but points off for "lackidaisical" 'cuz it's "lackAdaisical" (oooooh, the joy Danielle will derive from this!).
Jessi - nice offering, really, but I think the winner is, very cleverly, your hubby. (So, you guys can get two free drinks and give really thin straws to Rob and Danielle.)
...and continuing "nbnjqjyj" --
Nincompoop
Brothers
Never
Just
Quite
Jack
Your
Jowls
(hey,I have no idea where THAT came from!)
Ummm, I demand a recount! Ehhh, oh well... I think Adam might share his winnings with me! Holy cow, we pick up the keys tomorrow!!! Insanity! Seriously, I am WAY too excited.
Awesome!
I'll spare you my acceptance speech.
Sorry honey... but I'll share w/ you :)
I can't wait until tomorrow!
"wpkdjskt"
Will
Peter
Kill
Dave
Just
So
Kevin
Talks?
Post a Comment