
So for a while now, Danielle has been leaning toward the purchase of a very harmless looking corner cabinet in the hopes of creating some additional storage space in our shoebox of a townhome. Little did we know that when we picked up said unobtrusive, mild mannered corner cabinet from IKEA yesterday, we would unknowingly unleash the great and terrible CABINETZILLA. Yeah, so 5 hours (and a few "custom" drilled screwholes to offset our lack of ability to follow directions) after my dauntless wife began assembling this trojan horse of suburban home improvement, the piece was complete. In our defense, much of our folly can be attributed to the marked lack of narration to accompany all those nifty arrows and "Figure 13b's" that make up what IKEA calls a "instructional pamphlet." Yeah. While Danielle and I puzzled over the illustrations intended to tell us which peg goes into which hole, I couldn't help but to feel like a deaf person trying to converse with someone who is just learning sign
language: we kinda knew what the pamphlet was telling us, but not really. Oh, and I love how they give you a 160 lb piece of furniture, and expect you to contrive the finished product solely with their "specially provided tool," which is actually not much more than a glorified paper clip. But...is that cabinet cool or what?
12 comments:
That is a great looking piece of furniture!!! The one thing I can't figure out... where the heck is it? I am so clueless as to where that is in your house!
By the way... Ikea is like crack for the poor yuppie. I can't get enough!
While you two were suffering through that ordeal...Scott was hanging up a ceiling fan in the kitchen at 11pm.
Hey does anyone ever have a hard time with the word verification? I was denied the other day. Does that mean my computer is a monster? Sometimes it's hard to tell what they are when they are all ran together and jalopadated!
Hey, nice cabinet!
My guess is that it's just outside the kitchen. If you're standing on the sofa (yes, on the sofa) with your back to the tv, and your front to the kitchen, the cabinet would be in front of you, between the kitchen doorway and the fireplace.
AM I RIGHT?!
Oh, and Carrie... your computer is probably a monster.
signing off (using word verification "mbphv"
Ooohh...so the guessing game begins. Where IS that cabinet in our house? The winner gets a lime flavored tostito (and if you know Danielle, you'll know how hard it'll be to give one of those up. No honey, that was not a fat joke.) Alas, Adam...no, it's not outside the kitchen.
Let me try: The only place I can think of is in your bedroom. The other wall colors in your house do not match up with this picture...and I think the doorway to your bathroom is to the right?
Am I close?
PS-this is pretty funny!
Yet again, Cabinetzilla manages to baffle our would be detectives! Nope...not in our bedroom...who will win the tostito? STAY TUNED!!
I think I know...in the upstairs hallway catty-corner to the hallway bathroom. The door on the right is the office? I really want that tostito!
Denied again!
word verification this time: nndnuhuu (I think) it's hard and in cursive!
Denied again...maybe is what nndnuhuw?
This time: xujtpahb
I do believe we have a WINNER! Man, the word verifications people will go through for a tostito.
(Got mine on the first try: rpoakv)
Hey guys. It's you're favorite Mexican from the Midwest. Things are going well in Colorado. I began a search for an apartment, and after a while wondered "why don't I just stay with my mom? Oh yeah, b/c I'm almost 25, that's right". Anyway, it was great spending what little time iI had with both of you. And I had a blast romping around Africa w/Rob. I hope to see you both again soon. Th ski offer is still on the table. Email me sometime: nazariousmc@hotmail.com. Love ya both,
Nathan
Hey guys. It's you're favorite Mexican from the Midwest. Things are going well in Colorado. I began a search for an apartment, and after a while wondered "why don't I just stay with my mom? Oh yeah, b/c I'm almost 25, that's right". Anyway, it was great spending what little time iI had with both of you. And I had a blast romping around Africa w/Rob. I hope to see you both again soon. Th ski offer is still on the table. Email me sometime: nazariousmc@hotmail.com. Love ya both,
Nathan
I know where you are coming from, I recently put together a seed speader and the instruction sheet was only pictures and arrows, not a single english word on it! Looks like you did a good job, though.
4 days.
no blogs.
mine is beginning to jones again.
Post a Comment