Monday, April 10, 2006

Home Sweet Jacksonville!



Well, here we are in the great metrolpolis of Jacksonville, North Carolina. We drove in around 6pm last night and after a great take-out dinner and a trip to Wal-Mart we decided to call it a night. This morning I dropped Rob off on base, spent about 45 minutes lost on my way back to the hotel because every road looks the same (strip clubs and fast food). Finally I called fellow Marine "soon-to-be" wife, Meg, who was able to navigate me back. (whew). So here I am in the hotel lobby to give you all a quick update:
Scout and I picked up Rob at 8am yesterday - almost three hours later than they landed thanks to a faulty "arrivals" hotline. I think Scout was excited to see Rob until he realized that he's been demoted to the back seat again. We came back to good old P-town to have breakfast with my family, and then we were off for 6 hours of road side fun to NC. Rob is still in "third world country" shock. It's fun to watch him experience the states again after he's been in the desert for so long. Anyway, thanks for all the supportive comments! We miss you guys! Hopefully we'll be on the way back to Maryland by Wednesday at the latest.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so happy to hear your updates...I kept wanting to call, but didn't want to interupt your reunion! I am so happy for you both. Take your time, and have a safe trip back home! God Bless.

Anonymous said...

Dear Mom and Dad, I am having a good time here at Kukichino dog camp. The girls here are really cute, but they eat like horses. I have them convinced I am a dog, but that is only until you pick me up on Wednesday. It has been interesting just hanging out in the pen all day, drinking water from Trevi fountain and stealing the ball away from these girls just to get them to chase me. Yeah, I am one hotdog, I mean "hot" dog......and it is tough being chased by so many girls, but I gotta do what I gotta do. This is the first time I have had time to write - the mail in this place is slow. Well, here is a big BOW WOW for now, see ya tomorrow! Love Scout and the girls

hot cross buns said...

Rob, I am still yet to meet you, but I am sure glad you are back! You guys have an open invitation to sunny orlando!!

Much love and puppy kisses,

Melissa

Anonymous said...

Hey guys, I just wanted to say that it's been a treat knowing you both these past six months (even though I only met L today). Rob, thanks for making the deployment tolerable. You're the best. L, thank you for putting up with all the military b.s. while Rob is gone. You are a very strong woman, and I'm envious of you both. Well, I hope we see one another again soon. Until then....Love, Peace, and Chicken Grease. -Nate a.k.a. Half Sheikh