It's the first day of spring and we are told to expect snow flurries. (okaaaay.)
Speaking of Irony...
I've been thinking recently about when I was a kid. We'd get up early- excited to go to school (except for nap time) and at recess we all wanted to play "house". There was always some small, plastic play kitchen and ironing board, etc. that we girls used to fight over for chores and the staple six year old boy we always talked into putting down his G.I. Joes to play "the husband". Interesting... 20 years later here I am: I hate waking up early to drive to the office, I have a kitchen AND an ironing board all to myself, and all I want is a nap time. :-)
ahh the irony.
....I did get the husband though... :-)
Speaking of Husbands: Hey lampshade, do you have any freshly squozen orange juice?
(sorry folks...this one's ours).
christmas time
13 years ago
6 comments:
No, flip flop, I have no orange juice at all, let alone fresh squozen or "not from concentrate". Did you remember to get milk last night on your way home?
oh, now THAT was low! :-)
yeah yeah, we all get it... you two are cute...
Danielle, did you ever make tacos?
As long as they keep all that "cute" in code, we're all good :)
And as to "squozen", due to its placement in the sentence, it appears to modify the noun "juice", with orange either being another adjective or a part of a double word noun. Yeah, that's right, $60K in tuition, and I didn't learn all that until I started teaching. Hanemann, you are a marvel.
Haha. THAT would be why I dropped Hanemann's class. Maybe if you had taken Tate you'd be able to figure this out.
...Tate was the man!
Well, Hanemann was the only one who taught Grammar, so I got stuck there. As to Tate, I took two different classes with him, Shakespeare and American Lit II. Squozen would probably be a neologism for squeezed, but past that I'm not making any guesses.
Post a Comment