Monday, March 27, 2006

You could drink 2% if you wanted.

I would just like to make a small announcement. Today I bought a gallon of milk (no, that's not the announcement...c'mon now) and the expiration date is AFTER Rob gets here!!! Okay, now to those of you rolling your eyes right now, it's kinda a big deal. When Rob left I could basically bet on a cow giving birth to a calf who would one day produce milk that would expire before Rob came home. Now, we're down to 14 DAYS!!!! (does seem a little long for milk though, huh?)

Additionally, the Townley's are giving up cable television. Not because times are hard or any of that... I just never watch it. Whenever I actually DO watch tv, it's basic ABC or CBS or some other channel that has Friends re-runs. I don't care what Paris and Nicole are doing these days, and I definitely don't want to pay $45 a month NOT to hear about it. Know what I mean? Anyway, having made this very un-American decision, I have but one thing to say... and really, only my sister will understand.

Laura, Thanks for stickin' it to the man.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeah, i pretty much pay $45/month so I can ESPN, and more specifically Sportscenter. doh! glad to hear you'll have fresh milk for your man.

Anonymous said...

I love reading this blog of your Danielle, mainly because of the humor, sarcasism and inside jokes or comments that I don't always understand, but they get me thinking. I like the milk comment, thought the idea about the cow giving birth was funny, but what does the commment about your sister mean? The mother is always the last to know! yeah, it's me Mom

Anonymous said...

HaHa!!! That's right folks...your favorite intrepid ice-cream taster will be coming HOME! And speaking of ice cream, and dairy products in general, I think I'm going to drink like 10 glasses of milk a day, just because I CAN (there is no milk here, at all). That's right...move over unsanitary river water with a drop of chlorine bleach...bring on the milk! Can't wait to come home honey!!

Masta Niall said...

But! But! What about the discovery learning science National Geographic animal planet channel?

I couldnt live without that one!

But, well, everything else I watch seems to be on FOX or other non cable channels (Bones, House, Greys Anatomy, Monarch of the Glen, etc.)

Masta Niall said...

And Ah yes... Milk... you use milk to make ice cream, and ice cream is the way God makes everything OK... if its Bryers that is...

Anonymous said...

hello danielle...this is kristen, your ohio cousin.
1. i'm so glad rob is coming home before your milk expires.
2. my mom told me about your blog b/c i think i lost your email address and i don't have laura's email...
3. i have some pictures to send to you both (you and Laura) so email me when you can at kristen.maurer@gmail.com (Laura if you're reading this...email me!)
4. are you two going to be in PA the weekend of April 7-9??? if yes, do you want to go shopping????
5. i don't have cable either.
6. that's enough listing for today.
hope to hear from you!!!