Tuesday, November 01, 2005

next year I'm handing out dental floss

Okay, how did I become "uncool" so fast? I'm only 25!!! I still have like 5 years of "cool" left before kids think I'm old because I'm 30. WHAT IS THE DEAL!?
So last night I had my big bowl of candy by the door and was all excited about seeing kids' costumes, etc. (Yeah, I know what you're thinking- no life). Anyway, so the first AND second group of kids that came by were all dressed as the same thing - and they weren't witches or ghosts or butterflies, or whatever. No. They were CRACK ADDICTS. I told them I couldn't endorse drugs so they had to come up with a better title for their outfits. (This is probably where I started the downward spiral to uncool). A few ninjas, spidermans, and Buzz Light Years later an adorable little girl came to the door. I asked her what she was for Halloween. (I don't know, aren't you supposed to ask so that the little kid can tell you? Isn't that part of the fun for them?) She ROLLED HER EYES, sighed empathetically, and was like "I'm a princess. DUH". Responses like that just make me want to take a step back and say "Okay, first of all, you're like 3 feet tall. I WILL CRUSH YOU AND YOUR LITTLE PRINCESS OUTFIT. And "DUH"? WHO SAYS 'DUH' ANYMORE? THAT IS LIKE SOOOO OLD". But I'm 25,not 7 (and her parents were watching) so I had to be like "oh, well you're a beautiful little princess! Here's a snickers bar.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My mom got bored of scaring the crap out of kids last night and so she passed me the torch of being "the witch", saying "You've done drama, scare them!" Well, two large kids with no costumes on were my first customers and I asked, "Aren't you a little old for Halloween?" As the two boys towered over me, they swore they were 12. Then one called me Liz, find out that he is the 15 yr. old brother of Katie Boil and the one next to him was Mathew Knight (math teacher's youngest son and also 15). I babysat for that kid and lived across the street from him for 11 years. I didn't even recognize him! I made them take the bad candy cause they weren't 12! hahhahah See, I too can be an evil witch!

Anonymous said...

Danielle, you truly are an adult and have crossed over to the land of "what's the matter with kids today" I can sing a few bars if you like.....Kids! I don't know what's wrong with these kids today! Kids, who can understand anything they say....and so on, just watch Bye Bye Birdie, it will make you feel better........or hang out with Liz, she sounds cool!

tim jenkins said...

heh
i just cut the porch light off
and made sure i wasn't in the livin room