
Yes, that is a picture of our Christmas Tree. Hey! I'm a lonely married woman, trust me, there are worse ways I could be spending all this free time! I spent the better part of yesterday afternoon putting that up. The whole time thinking of my adorable husband all alone in Africa with his two cheetahs and how we will be spending our first Christmas apart. (sigh). So Rob called last night and asked how my day was. I told him how much I missed him and about our tree that took me and my sister forever to put together, decorate, etc. and how sorry I was that he wasn't going to be here for Christmas this year. Do you know what he said?
"You put the tree up already??? Danielle, It's not even Thanksgiving!?!?!"
...And then he laughed at me....for like 5 minutes....
Men.
(I have to leave the blinds closed for a few days... apparently I should have read the "Home Owners Association Handbook" first). shaddup.
7 comments:
did you see the msg my mother in law left for you on my post? its under the 'doubt' entry. seems as if you have to prove yourself a little more ;)
Don't worry Danielle, your father put up the Christmas lights outside and the wreaths are already on the window.....it's a gene thing, not really your fault!:)
By the way, I heard you are making sausage balls tonight.....hang on to the fire extinguisher - I'd hate to see the tree go up in flames before Thanksgiving!
THE HOME OWNERS ASSOCIATION STRIKES AGAIN!
I think your tree is beautiful! Although you will be without Rob THIS year, just imagine how many more wonderful Christmas's this very tree will see with you, and Rob, and your lil ones too! Love your tree, cuz it'll hold your babies gifts from Santa someday!!!
But you dont understand the Townley Xmas tradition. No Xmas tree till the start of the 12 days of xmas, and you take it down on 12th night when the three wise men showed up on the scene :)...
Kukich Tradition. We put lights on everything and anything as soon as the last bite of turkey has been consume. We light everthing that doesn't move - dogs are the one excpetion. "Here Scout, come here boy."
Post a Comment