So, I'm having somewhat of a "feel sorry for me" day. I know it's pathetic but hey, don't act like you never had one yourself. I'm tired of Rob being gone during the holidays. Make that EVERY Holiday. We have been together since January of 2004 and have yet to even have a Halloween or Valentines Day together- let alone Christmas/Thanksgiving. Last year sucked, but I dealt (Hoo Rah and what not). This year it's not even December yet and I'm already tired of putting on the brave face at the holiday parties alone with my big, stupid "no really, I'm fine" smile. I swear, if one more person puts their hand on my shoulder and shares in their infinate wisdom; "Don't worry, the next 4 months will fly by"(and then grabs their husband/wife/boyfriend/girlfriend/family cat/whatever to go home for the evening) I will be forced to break their fingers. (Hey, originally it said "face"...I like to think I've calmed down considerably)
2 comments:
you do realize some of us are going to go a lot longer than 4 months before we get to see our lifemate
right?
you do realize some of us will be going alone to the same kind of holiday parties you talk about, but not because our beloved is temporarily out of the country
i'm not trying to be an ass (i could if i wanted to)
i just hope you don't begin to take for granted how good you do have it, just because it seems like you don't have it as good as some other people
like the bumper sticker said
i cried because i had no shoes, until i met the man with no feet
just change a few variables
Post a Comment