Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Catch some rays down in Aaaafricaaa...

Hi all!Rob here, with greetings from the dark continent! Touched down here at about 6 on Monday morning...the first impression I got of the "exotic" paradise that is Djibouti was the totally wrecked and rusted prop plane they have on display to mark the airport entrance. Nice. After a short ride I hitched from some locals, I checked in with my crew, after which they took off for a couple weeks and leave me here to "settle in." The place isn't too bad, I have a bed, decent food, a shower and a car...so besides being an ocean away from the hottest girl on the planet, I can't complain. Other than some riots today in the city over a gas price hike (The price of gas here is about 4 dollars a LITER, and the cab drivers aren't too happy about that), things are pretty quiet here on the shores of the Red Sea. I'll send updates to everyone as I can on here...but that's it for now. Some guys from my crew said they're going to try to bring me some grilled Gazelle for dinner when they come back...looking forward to that. Laters!

3 comments:

Laura said...

Mmmmmmm Gazelle...wonder if it tastes like chicken....

Anonymous said...

Africa on the Red Sea... wow thats pretty cool!

tim jenkins said...

if i haven't said it before

this blog gets so much cooler when he posts